At Synthesis, we’re passionate about working with businesses to change the way they manage and leverage huge amounts of data to create beautiful, compliant, and effective investor communications. If you have a passion for technology and want to work for a high growth firm that is helping businesses use automation to be more strategic, then we may have a great career opportunity for you!
Who we are:
At Synthesis, we value success in everything we do. We work hard to deliver sustainable results for our company, our clients, and our community. We are a team of problem-solvers, inventors, philanthropists, and high-achievers who work hard toward being “awesome” every day. We’re not only dedicated to growing our place in the market, but to making Synthesis an awesome place to work. From office happy hours and group outings to summer picnics and group training sessions, we love to have fun while investing in our employees’ success and happiness. Located in Chicago’s downtown financial services district, we are experiencing impressive growth and looking to add to our growing team. Read more about our company vision.
What we offer:
- A competitive compensation + benefits package. Includes BCBS PPO health insurance, 401k plan with company match, bi-annual bonus plan, dental reimbursement, life insurance, PTO, personal days, flex hours, and more.
- A cool tech workspace in Chicago’s downtown financial district.
- A great location, close to I90/94 expressway, the CTA, and the Metra (Union Station).
- A collaborative work environment focused on delivering industry-leading client service.
- A positive, energetic workplace culture that values work-life balance and employee happiness.
- The opportunity to expand technical and client-facing skills in a rewarding and supportive environment.
- A fun workplace that sponsors ongoing activities like group outings, philanthropic activities, and holiday and summer parties.
- A fully-stocked kitchen with snacks and beverages, featuring a weekly fresh fruit delivery and a Keurig coffee maker with a wide variety of options.
- Weekly company-sponsored lunches.
- Individual annual training allowance.
Interested in joining our team? Browse the open positions below.
Client Services Engineer
The Client Services Engineer will have the opportunity to engage directly with our financial services clients in order to craft solutions to automate their document creation processes. CSEs are responsible for full implementation lifecycle including, but not limited to: requirements analysis, data analysis and document configuration. Successful CSE’s may come to us with a variety of backgrounds but they all have the desire to become technical, client-facing engineers with the ability to work with complicated software and databases.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate the ability to think, adapt and react quickly, possess the ability to thrive in a smaller, less structured atmosphere and have a client-facing, technology-based career/educational history combined with strong business acumen.
- Bachelor’s degree required (Computer Science preferred)
- 2-3 years of experience in a technical field or role, preferably working with complicated end-user software solutions
- Ability to build relationships at all levels of the client organization
- Proven ability to learn new concepts and technologies and to apply technical knowledge in combination with creativity
- Prior experience with back-office computer systems, databases or a CS degree is a good starting point
- Self-motivated and a self-starter
- Knowledge of Structured Query Language (SQL) is highly desirable
- Experience with publishing systems or website development is a plus
The Full Stack Engineer will be responsible for taking our Single Page Applications to the next level. The role requires a solid knowledge of front-end UI technologies, web based architecture, and experience working with (and developing) web service APIs. This individual will take a primary role in solutioning the next generation of our product lines.
The ideal candidate for this position will be a highly motivated, self-starter that works best in a team environment. Excellent written and verbal skills are also essential as this position will require some ongoing documentation as well as interaction with stakeholders and end users.
In order be considered for this role, the candidate must possess these qualifications:
- Extensive experience developing Web Applications and Web Services
- Experience on the server side with past roles focused on Java
- Possess a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Financial and/or Marketing industry background is a plus