The 2nd Annual Roundtable Event
Exclusively for Senior Marketing and Sales Leaders in Investment Management
Once a year, we bring together senior marketing and sales leaders from top investment management firms to discuss ways to be more effective in the face of dwindling budgets and resources.
This is an exclusive, invite-only event with only 14 seats at the table.
Who: Marketing Leaders in Investment Management – Maximum 14 Participants
What: An Exclusive, Invite-only Roundtable Event
Where: Bank of America Building – 135 S. LaSalle Street, Suite 4300 | Chicago, IL
When: May 11, 2017 • 9:00 am – 4 pm Roundtable • 4-6 pm Cocktail Party
*Breakfast and lunch are provided during the event.
Questions? Email the organizer.
About the Event:
Have you ever wondered how your firm’s marketing team compares with others in the industry? This event will allow you to compare notes with colleagues and come away with ideas on:
- How to get marketing more involved in strategic planning
- How to create more customer-centric marketing materials
- How to deal with market shifts after the strategic plan is in play
- How to measure the ROI of marketing
- How to design your technology stack to get results and ROI on tech investments
- How to align with the compliance, sales, and distribution channels
Investment marketers are constantly being asked to “do more with less.” Tight budgets and limited resources force you to be more efficient and effective. This is difficult when you’re using small teams to produce and distribute your marketing and sales materials within a competitive timeframe. In this roundtable, you will have the distinct opportunity to discuss your sales and marketing strategies with marketers at other firms, without compromising trade secrets.
In order to make the roundtable discussion as impactful as possible, all participants must attend in-person. No dial-in will be provided. The meeting will be recorded and key findings will be used to compile an industry report that will be shared with all participants. Please note, participant and firm names will not be disclosed in this report (Click here for access to last year’s report).
This roundtable is held under the Chatham House Rule, and no one attending will be publicly quoted.
9:00 – 9:30 am: Registration and Light Breakfast
- Muffins, bagels, coffee, juice, and tea
9:30 am – 9:40 am: Introductions
9:40 am – 10:40 am: Sales/Marketing/Compliance Alignment
- How aligned are your sales, marketing, and compliance teams?
- What is the organization doing to improve alignment?
- What are the most pressing alignment issues?
- Where do your workflows/processes break down?
10:40 am – 11:50 am: Creating a Customer-Centric Marketing and Sales Process
- How customer-centric is your organization? Is it shifting?
- What approaches are you taking to be more customer-focused in marketing and sales?
- Has your firm implemented account-based marketing? If so, how?
- What roadblocks are you encountering?
- What channels are you using to distribute content?
- What channels do you use to source new clients? Nurture existing business?
- Are you personalizing content? How?
12:00 pm – 1:00 pm: Lunch
- Speciality artisan sandwiches & wraps, tossed garden salad, house-made baker’s chips, and assorted cookies
1:00 pm – 2:00 pm: Designing your Technology Stack
- What key technologies are you using to be more effective?
- Are you working on automating more of the marketing process?
- How well are these technologies working? What are the outcomes?
- How is your firm approaching technology governance and ongoing support?
- What are the problems/opportunities?
- Who is involved in the decisions on technology purchases? Who makes the final call?
Snack Break 2:00 pm – 2:15 pm
- Pretzel Bar with Nutella cream cheese and spicy mustard
2:15 pm – 3:15 pm: Measuring Effectiveness/ROI
- How are you measuring the ROI of marketing? How is it changing?
- What benchmarks are you using?
- How do you determine which marketing assets are most effective?
- What kinds of campaigns do you run and what outcomes are you expecting?
- How are you using marketing analytics to inform decisions around sales and marketing efforts?
- How do you measure the contribution that marketing is making to sales?
3:15 pm – 4:00 pm: Marketing Department Budget Pressure
- Are your budgets trending up or down?
- How do the budget pressures affect your priorities?
- Where are you tending to focus limited budgets this year?
- Did you add or drop major initiatives or cut out services to meet budgets?
- Is budget pressure driving any new decisions around automation?
4:00 pm – 6:00 pm: Cocktails + Appetizers + Networking
- Assorted appetizers including cheese and fruit board, sweet endings, premium cocktail bar
About the Participants:
For this event, we hand-select senior marketing leaders from leading global asset management firms who bring valuable insight and experience with complex product lines and distribution channels. If you believe you’d be a good fit for this group, please request a seat using the form above and we will contact you right away. The number of roundtable participants is capped at 14 to ensure everyone has the opportunity to contribute.
Participants include Marketing and Sales Leaders from tier-one banks and investment management firms with these titles:
- Marketing Communications Strategist
- Channel Marketing Manager
- Head of Intermediary Marketing
- Director – Corporate Services
- Vice President – Content Management
- SVP – Head of Asset Manager Distribution
- Head of Strategy & Business Analytics (US Advisors)
- Executive Director – Global Marketing Services
- Intermediary Marketing Manager
- Director of Marketing and Branding Operations
- Head of US Marketing
About the Moderator:
Candyce Edelen is CEO and Founder of PropelGrowth, a financial services marketing consultancy providing marketing and content strategy services to asset management and fin-tech firms. Her focus is on content and account-based marketing strategy. She brings 25 years of experience in product and company launches, go-to-market strategies, and building sales, marketing, and delivery teams. She also taught 1500 sales reps solution selling. Candyce focuses on best practices for complex sales processes. She has expertise in aligning marketing and sales with customer buying cycles to maximize close rates for complex sales.
If you’d like to participate in this Roundtable, please complete the form at the top of this page. If you have any questions, please contact Emilie Totten:
|Emilie Totten, Head of Marketing at Synthesis | 312-948-4144
Connect on LinkedIn | Email Emilie