At Synthesis, we’re passionate about working with businesses to change the way they manage and leverage huge amounts of data to create beautiful, compliant, and effective investor communications. If you have a passion for technology and want to work for a high growth firm that is helping businesses use automation to be more strategic, then we may have a great career opportunity for you!
Who we are:
At Synthesis, we value success in everything we do. We work hard to deliver sustainable results for our company, our clients, and our community. We are a team of problem-solvers, inventors, philanthropists, and high-achievers who work hard toward being “awesome” every day. We’re not only dedicated to growing our place in the market, but to making Synthesis an awesome place to work. From office happy hours and group outings to summer picnics and group training sessions, we love to have fun while investing in our employees’ success and happiness. Located in Chicago’s downtown financial services district, we are experiencing impressive growth and looking to add to our growing team. Read more about our company vision.
“If I had to summarize why I enjoy working at Synthesis in one word, it would be culture. Synthesis promotes a culture of support, fun, collaboration, and cohesiveness that brings people together to accomplish our goals. There is a large focus on solutions and continuous improvements, rather than dwelling on mistakes. Coming to work every day, looking for ways to improve our current processes with teams and collections of teams with the same mentality, is what makes Synthesis a great and perhaps unique company to work for.”
What we offer:
- A competitive compensation + benefits package. Includes BCBS PPO health insurance, 401k plan with company match, bi-annual bonus plan, dental reimbursement, life insurance, PTO, personal days, flex hours, and more.
- A cool tech workspace in Chicago’s downtown financial district.
- A great location, close to I90/94 expressway, the CTA, and the Metra (Union Station).
- A collaborative work environment focused on delivering industry-leading client service.
- A positive, energetic workplace culture that values work-life balance and employee happiness.
- The opportunity to expand technical and client-facing skills in a rewarding and supportive environment.
- A fun workplace that sponsors ongoing activities like group outings, philanthropic activities, and holiday and summer parties.
- A fully-stocked kitchen with snacks and beverages, featuring a weekly fresh fruit delivery and a Keurig coffee maker with a wide variety of options.
- Weekly company-sponsored lunches.
- Individual annual training allowance.
Interested in joining our team? Browse the open positions below.
Client Services Engineer
The Client Services Engineer will have the opportunity to engage directly with our financial services clients in order to craft solutions to automate their document creation processes. CSEs are responsible for full implementation lifecycle including, but not limited to: requirements analysis, data analysis and document configuration. Successful CSE’s may come to us with a variety of backgrounds but they all have the desire to become technical, client-facing engineers with the ability to work with complicated software and databases.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate the ability to think, adapt and react quickly, possess the ability to thrive in a collaborative atmosphere and have a client-facing, technology-based career/educational history combined with strong business acumen.
- Knowledge of Structured Query Language (SQL) is required
- Bachelor’s degree required (Computer Science preferred)
- 2-3 years of experience in a technical field or role, preferably working with complicated end-user software solutions
- Strong written and verbal skills are required, due to interaction and collaboration with team members as well as clients on a daily basis
- Proven ability to learn new concepts and technologies and to apply technical knowledge in combination with creative thinking
- Self-motivated and a self-starter
- Comfortable with task switching
- Commitment to reviewing your own SQL code as well as a teammate’s code
- Experience with publishing systems or website development is a plus
Submit resume and cover letter » or email us at email@example.com