Effective May 29, 2018
It will notify you of the following:
- What personally identifiable information is collected from you through the web site, how it is used and with whom it may be shared.
- What choices are available to you regarding the use of your data.
- The security procedures in place to protect the misuse of your information.
- How you can exercise your choices with regard to the use of your personal data.
Information we collect about you
When you provide it to us directly.
We may collect personal identification information from Users in a variety of ways, including, but not limited to, when Users visit our site, register on the site, subscribe to the newsletter, respond to a survey, fill out a form, and in connection with other activities, services, features or resources we make available on our Site. Users may be asked for, as appropriate, name, email address, company name, description of role, and phone number. Users may, however, visit our Site anonymously. We will collect personal identification information from Users only if they voluntarily submit such information to us. Users can always refuse to supply personally identification information, except that it may prevent them from engaging in certain Site related activities.
We are the sole owners of the information collected on this site. We only have access to/collect information that you voluntarily provide. We will not sell or rent this information to anyone. We will use your information to respond to you, regarding the reason you contacted us. We will never share your information with any third party outside of our organization without your permission.
When you visit our site, we automatically collect data through marketing automation technology, cookies, and/or the result of your use and access to our services. We collect non-personal identification information about you interact with our Site. We will collect and log the following:
- Attributes about your device(s)
- Browser name and version used
- Your IP address (the number assigned to your computer when you use the internet)
- Your activity while using our website (such as which pages you visit and which emails you open and click on)
Synthesis Technology Corporation may also have information about you from third-party sources to whom you have consented to provide basic contact information for the purpose of receiving marketing or product information. We also receive information about you from industry events by scanning your name badge and/or collecting your business card. Synthesis Technology Corporation takes steps to ensure that the third-party sources have secured your consent to collect such information; however, if you prefer not to receive communications or information from Synthesis Technology Corporation, you can opt-out by contacting us as provided below in the section, Contact Us.
You have choices about certain information we collect. When you are asked to provide information, you may decline to do so; but if you choose not to provide information that is necessary to provide any aspect of our Services, you may not be able to use those Services. Finally, we also collect information from you that, depending on applicable law, may not constitute personal information.
How we use your information
Synthesis Technology Corporation may collect and use your information for the following purposes:
- To improve customer service.
- To personalize user experience.
- To understand how our Users as a group use the services and resources provided on our Site.
- To improve our website.
- To improve our products and services.
- To send periodic emails.
- To respond to inquiries, questions, and/or other requests.
If you decide to opt-in to our mailing list, you will receive emails that may include company news, updates, related product or service information, etc. If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, we include detailed unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email.
Protecting your data
We implement a variety of reasonable and appropriate physical, technical, and organizational safeguards designed to promote the security of our systems and protect your personal information from unauthorized destruction, use, modification, or disclosure. However, no method of safeguarding information is completely secure. While we use measures designed to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee that our safeguards will be effective or sufficient. Moreover, you should be aware that that Internet data transmission is not always secure, and we cannot guarantee that information you transmit utilizing the website is secure.
Your rights to data protection
These rights vary depending on applicable law and circumstances, but may include:
- The right to know whether, and for what purposes, we collect and process personal information about you.
- The right to access, modify, and correct personal information about you.
- We strive to maintain the accuracy of any personal information that may be collected from you, and will use commercially reasonable efforts to respond promptly to update our systems when you tell us your information is not accurate. However, we must rely on you to ensure that your information is complete, accurate, and up-to-date, and to inform us of any changes. Please review all of your information carefully before submitting it to us, and notify us as soon as possible of any updates or corrections.
- In accordance with applicable law, you may obtain from us certain personal information in our records, although we may request certain reasonable additional information to help us authenticate such requests. If you wish to access, review, or make any changes to personal information you have provided to us through our Site or our Services, you may do so at any time by contacting us as provided below in the section, Contact Us. Please note, however, that we reserve the right to deny access as permitted or required by applicable law.
- The right to know with whom we have shared personal information about you, for what purposes, and what personal information has been shared.
- California Civil Code Section 1798.83, known as the “Shine the Light” law, permits our users who are California residents to request and obtain from us a list of what personal information (if any) we have disclosed to third parties for their own direct marketing purposes in the preceding calendar year, along with the names and addresses of those third parties. The law requires Synthesis Technology Corporation to respond to such requests free of charge once per year per person. You may make such a request by contacting us as provided below in the section, Contact Us. Though California residents have a right to make such a request, we do not disclose personal information protected under the “Shine the Light” law to third parties for their own direct marketing purposes.
- The right to request erasure of your personal information.
- Under applicable law, individuals have the right to have personal data erased. This is also known as the “right to be forgotten.” The right is not absolute and only applies in certain circumstances. You may make such a request by contacting us as provided below in the section, Contact Us.
- The right to request restriction of processing of personal information or object to processing of personal information. Under applicable law, individuals have the right to restrict the way in which we process their personal information. The right is not absolute and only applies in certain circumstances. You may make such a request by contacting us as provided below in the section, Contact Us.
Third party services
Users may find advertising or other content on our Site that link to the sites and services of our partners, suppliers, advertisers, sponsors, licensors and other third parties. We do not control the content or links that appear on these sites and are not responsible for the practices employed by websites linked to or from our Site. In addition, these sites or services, including their content and links, may be constantly changing. We encourage you to be aware when you leave our Platform. These sites and services may have their own privacy policies and customer service policies, and we encourage you to read them. Browsing and interaction on any other website, including websites which have a link to our Site, is subject to that website’s own terms and policies. The inclusion of a link to a third party’s Service does not imply that we endorse any of the third party’s products, services or data handling practices; or that this Privacy Notice covers the third parties’ products, services or practices.
Transfer of Information to the United States
Synthesis Technology Corporation is headquartered in the United States. Information we collect from you will be processed in the United States. The United States has not sought nor received a finding of “adequacy” from the European Union. With respect to transfer from the European Union, Synthesis Technology Corporation relies on derogations for specific situations. In particular, Synthesis Technology Corporation collects and transfers personal information to the United States only with your consent, to perform on a contract with you (or in your interest), or to fulfill a compelling legitimate interests of Synthesis Technology Corporation in a manner that does not outweigh your rights and freedoms. Synthesis Technology Corporation endeavors to apply suitable safeguards to protect the privacy and security of your personal information and to use it in a manner that is consistent with this Privacy Notice. Synthesis Technology Corporation does not collect sensitive data (known as special categories of data in the European Union).
Web Browser Cookies
- Collecting information: This means we can learn more about how you use our website so we can improve our services and online experience.
- Tailoring your experience: Cookies allow us to provide you with information, products, and services we think you’ll find interesting.
- Making our marketing relevant: We can show you relevant offers and promotions on our website and through our advertising networks.
- Email: If you receive our email updates, we tailor the information we send you based on the data our cookies have collected from your recent visits to our website. You can opt-out of this in any email we send.
Synthesis Technology Corporation uses the following social networks for marketing communications:
Access and Control Over Your Information
You may opt out of any future contacts from us at any time.
You can do the following at any time by contacting us via the email address or phone number provided below:
- See what data we have about you, if any.
- Change/correct any data we have about you.
- Have us delete any data we have about you.
- Express any concern you have about our use of your data.
Synthesis Technology Corporation may retain your personal information for a period of time consistent with the original purpose of collection. That is, we will retain your information during the period of time needed to pursue legitimate business interests, comply with any legal obligations, and enforce our agreements. We strive to maintain the accuracy of any personally identifiable information that may be collected from you, and will use our commercially reasonable efforts to respond promptly to update our database when you tell us the information in our database is not accurate. It is your responsibility to ensure that such information is accurate, complete and up-to-date.
To request to review, correct, delete, or otherwise modify any of the personal information that you have previously provided to us, please contact our Data Protection Officer (DPO):
Emilie Totten, Data Protection Officer
Email: email@example.com | Phone: 312-948-4144
Synthesis Technology Corporation
C/o Emilie Totten
135 S. LaSalle Street
Chicago, IL 60603