Your Privacy Rights-Our Policy
Effective as of May 15, 2021
It will notify you of the following:
- What personally identifiable information is collected from you through the web site or in other ways, how it is used and with whom it may be shared.
- What choices are available to you regarding the use of your data.
- The security procedures in place to protect the misuse of your information.
- How you can exercise your choices with regard to the use of your personal data.
Information we collect about you
When you provide information to us directly, we may use this information in various ways described below, but we will not sell or rent of this information to anyone. We may collect personal identification information from users of this website (“Users”) and other individuals in a variety of ways, including, but not limited to, when Users visit this website (“our Site”), subscribe to our email newsletter, respond to a survey, fill out a form, and in connection with other activities, services, features or resources we make available on our Site. Users may be asked for, as appropriate, name, email address, company name, description of job role, and phone number. Users may, however, visit our Site anonymously. We will collect personal identification information from Users only if they voluntarily submit such information to us. Users can always refuse to supply personally identifiable information, except that it may prevent them from engaging in certain Site-related activities.
We will not sell or rent your personal information to anyone. In some circumstances, we may share information collected from you, generally for marketing purposes. We will use your information to respond to you, regarding the reason you contacted us.
When you visit our Site, we automatically collect data through marketing automation technology, cookies, and/or the result of your use of, and access to, our services. We collect information about your interaction with our Site, some of which may (or may not) be deemed to be personally identifiable information for various purposes. We may collect and log the following:
- Attributes about your device(s)
- Browser name and version used
- Your IP address (the number assigned to your computer when you use the internet)
- Your activity while using our website (such as which pages you visit and which emails you open and click on)
Third-party sources of information
Synthesis Technology, LLC may also have information about you from third-party sources to whom (a) you have provided basic contact information for the purpose of receiving product information, or (b) you have provided. As one example, we may receive information about you from industry events by scanning your name badge and/or collecting your business card or through receiving attendee lists from the event organizer. Synthesis Technology, LLC takes steps to ensure that the third-party sources have secured your consent to collect such information; however, if you prefer not to receive communications or information from Synthesis Technology, LLC, you can opt-out by contacting us as provided below in the section, contact us.
We may collect information about you from third parties with whom we do business, generally in the provision of our products and services to them.
You have choices about certain information we collect. When we ask you to provide information, you may decline to do so; but if you choose not to provide information that is necessary to provide any aspect of our services, you may not be able to use those services. Finally, we also collect information from you that, depending on applicable law, may not constitute personal information.
How we use your information
Synthesis Technology, LLC generally collects and uses your information for the following purposes:
- To improve customer service.
- To personalize user experience.
- To understand how our Users as a group use the services and resources provided on our Site.
- To market and improve our products and services.
- To improve our website.
- To send periodic emails.
- To respond to inquiries, questions, and/or other requests.
- In connection with your employment (actual or potential) with us.
- To assist third parties in providing services to .
If you decide to opt-in to our mailing list, you will receive marketing emails that may include company news, updates, related product or service information, etc. If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future marketing emails, we include detailed unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each marketing email.
We will not sell or rent this information to anyone.
Protecting your data
We implement a variety of reasonable and appropriate physical, technical, and organizational safeguards designed to promote the security of our systems and protect your personal information from unauthorized destruction, use, access, monitoring, modification, or disclosure. However, no method of safeguarding information is completely secure. While we use measures designed to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee that our safeguards will be effective or sufficient. Moreover, you should be aware that that Internet data transmission is not always secure, and we cannot guarantee with certainty that information you transmit utilizing the website is secure.
Your rights to data protection
You have a variety of legal rights regarding the collection and processing of personal information. These rights may vary depending on the law of the legal jurisdiction(s) applicable to you. For example, if you are a citizen of the State of California you may have somewhat different rights than you would as the citizen of another State or country.
These rights vary depending on applicable law and circumstances, but include:
- The right to know whether, and for what purposes, we collect and process personal information about you.
- The right to access, modify, and correct or rectify personal information about you.
- In accordance with applicable law, you may obtain from us copies of certain personal information in our records, although we may request certain reasonable additional information to help us authenticate such requests. If you wish to access, review, or possibly correct any changes to personal information you have provided to us through our Site or our services, you may do so at any time by contacting us as provided below in the section, Contact us. Please note, however, that we reserve the right to deny access as permitted or required by applicable law.
- The right to request that we delete any and all personal information we have from you, or about you. This right may be limited by certain legal or business needs we may have to maintain certain records.
- The right to know with whom we have shared personal information about you, for what purposes, and what personal information has been shared.
- The right under certain circumstances to restrict how we process your information.
- The right under certain circumstances to have your data made portable.
- The right to request deletion of certain of your personal information.
- The right under applicable law to have your personal data erased. This is also known as the “right to be forgotten.” The right is not absolute and only applies in certain circumstances. You may make such a request by contacting us as provided below in the section, Contact us.
- Certain rights as to how we use your personal information for automated decision-making and profiling.
- The right to request restriction of processing of personal information or object to processing of personal information. Under applicable law, individuals have the right to restrict the way in which we process their personal information. The right is not absolute and only applies in certain circumstances.
You may make any requests regarding these rights by contacting us as provided below in the section, Contact Us.
We strive to maintain the accuracy of any personal information that may be collected from you and will use commercially reasonable efforts to respond promptly to update our systems when you tell us your information is not accurate. However, we must rely on you to ensure that any information you provide to us is complete, accurate, and up-to-date, and to inform us of any changes. Please review all of your information carefully before submitting it to us and notify us as soon as possible of any updates or corrections.
Third party services
Users may find content on our Site that link to the sites and services of our partners or other third parties. We do not control the content or links that appear on these sites and are not responsible for the practices employed by websites linked to or from our Site. In addition, these sites or services, including their content and links, may be constantly changing. We encourage you to be aware when you leave our Platform. These sites and services may have their own privacy policies and customer service policies, and we encourage you to read them. Browsing and interaction on any other website, including websites which have a link to our Site, is subject to that website’s own terms and policies. The inclusion of a link to a third party’s Service does not imply that we endorse any of the third party’s products, services or data handling practices; or that this Privacy Notice covers the third parties’ products, services or .
Transfer of Information to the United States
Web Browser Cookies
- Collecting information:This means we can learn more about how you use our website so we can improve our services and online experience.
- Tailoring your experience:Cookies allow us to provide you with information, products, and services we think you’ll find interesting.
- Making our marketing relevant:.
Synthesis Technology Corporation uses the following social networks for marketing communications:
Access and Control Over Your Information
You may opt out of any future contacts from us at any time.
You can do the following at any time by contacting us via the email address or phone number provided below:
- See what data we have about you, if any.
- Change/correct any data we have about you.
- Have us delete any data we have about you.
- Express any concern you have about our use of your data.
Synthesis Technology, LLC may retain your personal information for a period of time consistent with the original purpose of collection. That is, we will retain your information during the period of time needed to pursue legitimate business interests, comply with any legal obligations, and enforce our agreements. We strive to maintain the accuracy of any personally identifiable information that may be collected from you, and will use our commercially reasonable efforts to respond promptly to update our database when you tell us the information in our database is not accurate. It is your responsibility to ensure that such information is accurate, complete and up-to-date.
To request to review, correct, delete, or otherwise modify any of the personal information that you have previously provided to us, please contact our Data Protection Officer (DPO):
DPO Email: [email protected] | Phone: 312-948-4144 | Toll-Free at 1-833-579-2330
If you can’t immediately reach our DPO, please contact: Robert Juergens, Data Integrity Officer | Phone: 312-219-9615
Synthesis Technology, LLC c/o Emilie Totten, Data Protection Officer
135 S. LaSalle Street
Chicago, IL 60603