July 1, 2020
While wholesalers surveyed advisors on a variety of topics, they’ve found that advisors are most interested in hearing from their peers about:
- The most common issues clients have wanted to discuss with advisors since the crisis began;
- How advisors are adapting to the world of virtual communications and what they do to make these sessions more effective; and
- How advisors are showing appreciation for clients at a time when in-person meetings and events are on indefinite hold.
summarized some of the key findings wholesalers have shared with us on these topics.
Investment Management firms of all sizes suffer a scaling problem. There are now more types of literature needing to be produced than ever before in the market. With these new types of materials come core considerations for how to scale them. A content-based approach to scaling is a great start. Make sure your approach covers the following, and click to read the full article by John Toepfer.
- Data management that supports marketing
- Reusable content and data
- Compliance rules in place
- Materials that are client-centric and customizable for sales
June 17, 2020
Synthesis Technology announced today that Blue Horizon Software Holdings has acquired a majority interest in the company. Founder and CEO, John Toepfer, stated, “We’re very excited about our partnership with Blue Horizon. They have a long-term investment strategy and an impressive group of former software executives that will mentor and support the existing Synthesis team. Blue Horizon’s financial resources and operating expertise will help us deliver even more value to our customers and enable growth into new markets.”
March 31, 2020
As we head into the second quarter of 2020, we have seen an increase in market volatility, primarily fueled by the emergence of the coronavirus, leaving the investing world uncertain about the markets and global economy. Markets have seen their biggest drops since 2008, and managers have lost a significant amount of money. This has especially affected boutique managers. Because market volatility and uncertainty may continue for some time, active managers with a proper strategy will be well-positioned to retain clients and have a better opportunity to capture more assets when the market recovers. (Requires an account, or click here to access the PDF – article on page 11.)