July 29, 2022
Is a recession on the horizon?
Chris Ruppenstein, Director of Investment Management Sales & Marketing Solutions at Synthesis Technology, joined a team of experts who have been through recessions before to offer what boutique investment managers should be thinking about to get ready for the next one.
Chris noted that marketers should revisit their strategies to ensure they have a clear picture of where they can focus to drive and retain revenue. A recession or pending recession can lead to hiring freezes and budget cuts, requiring a stepped-up alignment across marketing, investment, and sales teams with a focus and plan from the top down.
Other key takeaways include:
- Shift from trying to do too much, to doubling down on what works.
- Pivot fund offerings that work best in a recessionary environment.
- Double down on client success to retain and grow existing business.
- Talk to customers to learn how the recession is impacting them and how you can help.
- Be realistic about what you can accomplish with the resources you have.
- Make better use of automation and other sales and marketing tools.
The article What Should Investment Managers Do Now to Prepare for a Recession? 6 Industry Gurus Have the Answers can be found on the NASDAQ’s website.
April 12, 2022
Synthesis Technology recently announced that it has hired Jack Zimnavoda as its new Director of Client Success. With his background in fintech and recent experience leading client-facing teams at eVestment and Eigen Technologies, Jack will leverage his passion for technology and client advocacy to take the Synthesis client experience to a new level. We sat down with Jack to understand his vision for the client success function, and how his efforts will allow Synthesis to provide more value within and across the sales, marketing, and client service functions at investment management firms.
February 4, 2022
Today, only 35% of asset managers say they have an organized compliance system. Only 7% of firms report having a compliance review system integrated with their marketing content automation solution, but 60% say they should. Synthesis CEO, John Toepfer, explains in more detail in this Fundfire article.
January 27, 2022
The last 2 years have flown by, and asset managers are adopting more marketing technology than ever as we move into a digital-first world. Asset managers’ martech stack priorities have shifted to keep up with the current environment. Here are some main trends we’ve seen:
- Operational efficiency is the top priority
- Marketing automation is gradually replacing email blasting
- Boutique firms are trailing behind larger firms in terms of martech spend
- Many martech stacks don’t stack up, as integration is lacking
- Firms are flush with data, but still struggling to gain real business insight from the their martech stack analytics