Client Success Manager
The Client Success Manager (CSM) manages the day-to-day relationship with clients and maintains a holistic, data-driven view of their overall experience with every team, product and service at Synthesis. Interfacing with clients, the CSM builds relationships across the client organization and leverages these to improve product usage and entrenchment, secure sales references, identify revenue opportunities, and ensure overall satisfaction is achieved and maintained over the long term. Internally with colleagues, the CSM compiles and maintains a detailed, comprehensive ‘client profile’ and disseminates this information for others to leverage across our business, including the product, marketing, sales, and executive teams. This role requires the ability to independently and proactively develop rapport with senior client contacts, and then the aptitude and discipline to distill and record the relevant details from those interactions.
- Build trusted relationships with executives and key stakeholders within the client organizations to understand their strategic goals, drive product adoption, and achieve customer defined outcomes
- Create success plans that align use cases with customer objectives and configure them to client’s specific business hierarchy and organizational structure
- Establish clear retention goals and process milestones for the client and project managers to work towards
- Optimize existing processes within the company and actively enhance all Customer Success initiatives
- Drive escalation of client issues and potential risk, quarterback the risk mitigation process, and ensure successful resolution of issues to create a positive customer experience
- Develop new materials for customers, including executive business review presentations, roll-out plans, and proposals
- Work cross-functionally with Sales & Account Management to secure renewals and identify new revenue opportunities
- Track and communicate Synthesis product and broader market updates to the customer base
- Interact and collaborate with key stakeholders at all seniority levels within client organizations
- Show excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to communicate efficiently with individuals at all seniority levels
- Deliver results under pressure, work independently, and take ownership of assigned tasks
- Experience managing a book of existing clients as a Customer Success Manager, Account Manager, Customer Relationship Manager, or similar role
- Experience proactively seeking out and establishing new relationships across the client organization, including contacts from executive assistant to CEO
- Must be accountable with a strong work ethic, a sense of urgency and ownership, and be able to work effectively both independently and as part of a team
- Data driven, highly organized, and detailed oriented
- Needs to be coachable, always willing to learn, and have the right combination of patience and tenacity
- Previous experience in SaaS and/or software in the Financial Services industry, specifically with Investment Managers
- Project management experience is a plus
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
What We Offer
- A competitive compensation + benefits package. Includes BCBS PPO health insurance, 401k plan with company match, annual bonus plan, dental reimbursement, life insurance, PTO, personal days, flex hours, remote work/telecommuting options, and more.
- An open and inviting workspace in Chicago’s downtown financial district.
- A great location, close to I90/94 expressway, the CTA, and the Metra (Union Station & Ogilvy Transportation Center).
- A collaborative team environment focused on delivering industry-leading client service.
- A positive, energetic culture that values work-life balance and employee happiness.
- The opportunity to expand technical and client-facing skills in a rewarding and supportive environment.
- A fun workplace that sponsors ongoing activities like group outings, philanthropic activities, and holiday and summer parties.
- A fully stocked kitchen with snacks and beverages, featuring a weekly fresh fruit delivery and a Keurig coffee maker with a wide variety of options.
- Weekly company-sponsored lunches.
- Individual annual training allowance.
We are Synthesis Technology, a leading provider of content and data automation solutions for the Investment Management industry. For over 20 years, we’ve been helping asset and wealth managers, TAMPS, and private banks automate marketing content such as fact sheets, commentaries, pitchbooks, and websites. By automating the data and content creation and distribution process, investment firms enable their sales and marketing teams to be more strategic and customer-centric, resulting in true efficiency, scalability and growth.
Synthesis Technology is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Synthesis does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
Interested to Join our Team as a Client Success Manager?
Please send your cover letter and resume to [email protected].