2021 Asset Management MarTech Stack Report
Wondering how your marketing peers are approaching their tech stacks this year?
Synthesis, in collaboration with The Growth Strategy Group and Sondhelm Partners, conducted a research study to uncover how investment marketers across the industry are approaching their tech stack design, including:
- Which marketing technologies are the backbone of investment managers’ Martech stack – CRM, Website CMS, Marketing Automation, Sales Enablement, Content Automation?
- How well is the Martech stack integrated?
- Who drives the decision for marketing technology purchases?
- How will the stack evolve in the next 2 years and what is driving these changes?
A few notable findings:
- CRMs are the most common type of technology in the stack, used by 94% of the asset managers we surveyed. The least common was investment database automation at 6%.
- Stack maturity is largely driven by firm size – our report shows that boutiques still lag behind in certain areas such as sales enablement, social media engagement, and content automation.
- Respondents reported that changes to the stack over the next two years will be mostly driven by the need to make operational efficiency improvements.
- Overall, we found that the Martech stacks at asset management firms are not very well integrated. In fact, 41% of respondents reported their Martech stack is “not very well-integrated”.
- Want to learn more? Download the report and subscribe to receive our insights.