50 Interesting Stats About Content Marketing
Unless they’ve been living under a rock, most marketers know that content is becoming an increasingly large part of marketing strategies in every industry.
Keeping this in mind, diligent financial services marketers are getting more creative with content marketing initiatives than ever.
In case you need more convincing, here are 50 must-know facts about content marketing today:
1. 27 million pieces of content are shared each day in the U.S. alone, according to a study from Nielsen and AOL.
2. More than half of the time spent online is related to content consumption.
3. 60 percent of content-sharing messages specifically mention a brand or product.
4. According to the Content Marketing Institute, 9 out of 10 organizations are marketing with content.
5. B2B marketers use an average of eight different techniques, including social media, blogs, e-newsletters, white papers and more.
6. The top three goals of content marketing are lead generation, thought leadership and customer acquisition, according to Hanley Wood marketing.
7. 71 percent of marketers say that relevance to the audience is the most important part of content.
8. LinkedIn is the most effective social media platform for B2B content.
9. 93 percent of B2B marketers create content from scratch.
10. 90 percent of users find custom content useful, according to Custom Content Council.
11. More than 60 percent of consumers feel better about a company that delivers custom content and are more likely to buy from them.
12. According to Content Marketing Institute, 66 percent of the most effective B2B content marketers have a documented content strategy.
13. 73 percent of B2B marketers have someone specifically designated to oversee content strategy.
14. 73 percent of B2B content marketers are making more content now than they did a year ago.
15. 69 percent of B2B content marketers cited lack of time as their biggest challenge, while 55 percent cited producing enough content.
16. 82 percent of B2B content marketers cite brand awareness as the top goal for their content.
17. Blogging leads to 55 percent more visitors, HubSpot reported.
18. It also generates 97 percent more inbound links….
19. … and creates 434 percent more indexed pages.
20. 23 percent of social media messages link to content, according to Nielsen and AOL.
21. When messages are specific to an industry, people are more likely to share : 23 percent of all messages shared have content; 47 percent of industry specific content pieces are shared.
22. 93 percent of content sharing is done through email.
23. 99 percent of people who share on social networks are using more than one platform.
24. 38 percent want to share information from a trusted source.
25. Blogs are 63 percent more likely to influence buying decisions than magazines, ContentPlus found.
26. 70 percent of consumers prefer articles over ads to get to know a company.
27. According to the Content Marketing Association, consumers spend 25 minutes on average reading a content marketing title, as compared to 8 seconds looking at an outdoor ad and 30 seconds on a TV ad.
28. 68 percent spend time reading content from a brand they are interested in.
29. 43 percent of consumers agree that content marketing as a positive impact on purchasing decisions.
30. 57 percent read content marketing titles at least once a month.
31. 83 percent of B2B marketers use LinkedIn to distribute content.
32. 72 percent of B2B enterprise marketers use a combination of in-house and outsourced content creation, Content Marketing Institute found.
33. Of B2B enterprise marketers with a document content strategy, 76 percent are producing more content than one year ago.
34. Articles with relevant images have 94 percent more views than articles without images, according to MDG Advertising.
35. Facebook posts with photos have a greater engagement rate than those with text or just links.
36. There are 13 million results for the term infographic on Google, Zabisco reported.
37. Infographic production increases 1 percent every day!
38. 40 percent of people will respond better to visual information than plain text.
39. Websites that use infographics grow in traffic an average of 12 percent more than those who don’t, according to Customer Magnetism.
40. In March 2012, #infographic was tweeted more than 55,000 times!
41. Posts with videos attract nearly 3 times more inbound links than plain text posts, Moz reported.
42. Posts with video, images and list attract almost 6 times more inbound links than just plain text.
43. Posts with 18000 to 3000 words will attract more than 15 times more inbound links that those with less than 600 words.
44. 25 percent of marketers say demonstrating ROI is their top challenge, according to HubSpot.
45. 41 percent said decision to change inbound marketing budget was dependent on previous success with inbound marketing.
46. 45 percent of marketers aren’t testing their activities.
47. 78 percent of CMOs see custom content as the future of marketing, Demand Metric reported.
48. On average, marketers spend more than 25 percent of their budgets on content marketing.
49. 37 percent believe that content-led websites are the most important way to engage customers.
50. Content costs 62 percent less than traditional marketing and generates 3 times as many leads per dollar spent.
Thanks for reading! If you liked this article, you can sign up to receive more content like this.Here are some related resources that might interest you:
From the Blog:Measure Twice, Cut Once: Effective Tailored Shareholder Report Design
From the Blog:Tailored Shareholder Reports: Automation, Business Rules, and Simplicity
From the Blog:The New Tailored Shareholder Rule – What '40 Act Funds Need to Know